For #GivingTuesday 2017, Masbia has put together a list of ways you can help, contribute, and donate to our efforts in serving over two million meals a year to hungry men, women, and children.
1. Donate Hot Dinner Meals: Masbia serves over 2,000 hot dinner meals a week to feed the needy. For just $6, you can sponsor a meal for one person that includes a starter salad, beverage, soup, a protein (like chicken or fish), two hot side dishes and dessert. Sponsor a meal today, click here.
2. Sponsor Pantry Packages: Over 1,000 families a week come to pick up grocery packages amongst the 3 locations. Masbia started using a pioneering client choice app that makes the pantry process smoother for the staff, volunteers, and clients. An average pantry package is for a family of 4 and provides 9 meals per person. Click here to sponsor packages.
3. Purchase From Our Amazon Wishlist and Amazon Fresh: We recently updated our wish-lists and now have items separated by price point. The supplies list contains items for $20 and less. The equipment list contains items for $500 and less. The heavy duty equipment list contains items for more than $500. If you are interested in donating food, Amazon Fresh is an easy way to send produce to us. We ask that you do not order leafy vegetables and only donate fresh produce. Please no grocery items and ship all items to Masbia Soup Kitchen Network, 1276 47th street 3rd fl., Brooklyn New York, 11219. Click here.
5. Check out the Masbia Store: The store contains an assortment of gifts for your donation. We are currently featuring Olio Nuevo Extra Virgin Olive Oil because it is now the end of the new olive season. Another special gift is a handmade mezuzah made from repurposed Masbia dining tables where millions of meals were served on. There is an extensive collection of cookbooks from the top chefs and writers in the kosher world and we also have newly made Masbia aprons and caps. Check out the store.
6. Donate Shabbos Meals: Masbia serves Shabbos meals in Boro Park on Friday night and Saturday lunch. Although hosting Shabbos is a great endeavor, this is a huge community need for people who are looking for a Shabbos meal. Help us continue serving Shabbos meals by sponsoring one today. Click here for donation options.
7. Donate Stock: We now also accept donations in stock. It’s a win-win situation: Masbia gets a nice contribution (we usually sell shares immediately), while you, the donor, can write off the gift and avoid paying capital gains taxes on the stock gains. Brokerage: Revere Securities, Masbia OTC#:0750, Masbia account#:75544352. Or Contact Masbia’s financial adviser, Ronald Geffen, 212-688-2350.
8. Connect With Amazon Smile: Connect your Amazon Smile account to Masbia and 0.5% of your purchases will go towards feeding the needy at Masbia. Click here to connect your account. Every little bit helps.
9. Donate to Your Favorite Location: Make a donation to the location you feel the most connected to. Your donation will directly help your chosen location in continuing to serve meals and feeding the hungry in a dignified manner. Donate to Masbia of Boro Park, Masbia of Flatbush, and Masbia of Queens.
10. Join Masbia's board: Do you want to be part of Masbia's Board of Directors? Send a resume to [email protected]. Masbia is looking for donors who are willing and able to make a serious financial commitment.
11. Fundraise for Masbia on Facebook: In celebration of #GivingTuesday, Facebook and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will be matching up to $2 million of funds raised on Facebook for US nonprofits. Facebook is also waiving its fees for donations made to nonprofits on Facebook. Donations to nonprofits made through Facebook’s charitable giving tools on November 28th will be matched up to $50,000 per nonprofit or $1,000 per fundraiser or donate button, until the $2 million in matching funds run out. The match will begin at 8AM EST. Click here to start your fundraiser. Please make sure to select Masbia as the nonprofit you are fundraising for.
All forms of donations and support are greatly needed. Thank you in advance for supporting what we do.